You can sign up to be a member of SMISA at either £12 or £25 per month, or through our £2,500 premium package.
The higher-value tiers are there for people who are able and willing to pay more in return for some benefits.
But regardless of who pays what, all SMISA business will be conducted on a one-member, one-vote basis, meaning all members have an equal say in the running of our club.
Our membership options are shown below. Underneath the plans are some important details on how we will take your payments. Your membership will begin once your first payment has been made. Payments are taken on or around the 1st of each month. Joining towards the end of the month will result in your first payment being taken the month after.
Although we have been careful to only offer benefits we and the club can deliver, SMISA reserves the right to amend these if necessary.
- £23 of your money each month is ring-fenced for shares/loan and £2 goes into the members pot. You get:
- - Everything available for the standard members;
- - Your name in a series of draws where one member and a guest gets to watch a game from the directors’ guest lounge, for each home game in the 2016/7 season;
- - An invite for you to attend one exclusive SMISA-run event every six months for up to ten years (invite open to all people paying £25 per month on the date the event is announced).
- - As the years go on, we would invite ideas from members as to what they wanted (within reason – these would need to be events SMISA can organise at low cost, which don’t impact on club income).
- Suggested examples of what we could offer:
- - quiz night with manager and players,
- - Q&A nights with club legends,
- - invite to open training session at stadium or Ralston,
- - option to take part in half-time entertainment on pitch, such as a penalty shootout or crossbar challenge
Our monthly payment structures are processed via GoCardless, the industry-leading provider of online direct debit mandates and the same provider that has been used by SMiSA to collect membership payments. Many other clubs have used GoCardless to collect membership subscriptions but you don't have to create an account with them
Once you click the payment links you will be taken to the secure online mandate form to complete your details.
GoCardless can only be used with bank accounts from within the UK, Eurozone and Sweden.
By signing up you are giving SMISA permission to start taking the amount specified from the 1st of the month, each month.
Were you a SMISA member before summer 2016?
If you are one of them and you currently pay by standing order, we would be grateful if you would sign up online here via GoCardless instead, as that will greatly reduce our admin burden. You could of course then cancel your existing standing order at your bank.
Alternately, you can create a new monthly payment on here but then you would have two, so would need to contact us asking us to cancel the old one.